- This prize draw promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 and over, except the employees and their immediate families of Halfords Limited (the “Promoter”) any subsidiary, holding or associated company or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
- Entry into the prize draw is online via Halfords various social media channels as follows:
- Participants are required to take a video of themselves riding any BMX and completing a trick. The video clip should be no more than 1 minute in length. They must then upload and/or share that picture with Halfords via social media using the hashtag #VoodooBMXEdit.
- Entries must be received by no later than midnight on 18th September 2016.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete, illegal, or late entries will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost. You must not create multiple social media accounts to enter the Promotion more than once. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants from this promotion if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion, including but not limited to instances where the uploaded video has been photo shopped and/or faked. Entrants must have been physically riding the BMX in the video. Photo-shopped, fake or in any way altered videos will not be accepted.
- Neither the Promoter nor agencies involved in this Promotion may be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to the Promotion. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Participants are advised to take all reasonable safety precautions when riding their BMX and performing the trick.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decision of the Promoter in relation to all matters relating to the Promotion, whose decision shall be final.
- Seven working days after the closing date, independent judges which will consist of Halfords employees will assess all of the entries and select a prize. The judges will assess entries based on their creativity, filming quality and the level of skill demonstrated when performing the trick.
- There is one prize which is the opportunity for the prize winner to participate in a full video shoot of them riding their BMX. The video shoot will be performed by Halfords in house video team at a location of the prize winner’s choice (limited to the UK only). The video shoot will be for no more than 8 hours and the prize winner will receive one full, edited copy of the video at within 4 weeks of the video shoot. Prize winner will also win the personalised Rob Draper Voodoo Malice BMX Bike 20”. The time and date of the video shoot is subject to Halfords and the prize winner’s availability. No cash alternative will be offered in the event that the winner is unable to claim the prize for any reason. The Prize or any element of it may be substituted with others or a similar value due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The prize winner will be notified via social media within seven working days of the prize draw. If a prize winner has not responded to the Promoter within five days of the date of first contact, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the Promotion without further notice to the initial prize winner, who will forfeit the prize.
- Following the Promotion details of the prize winner will be published on our social media channels. You represent and warrant that you either own, or have the necessary licenses in, all content that you provide to us, and that the Promoter is able to use and publish such content, including the video used to enter the competition, on its social media platforms and in marketing campaigns.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof. Any such variation or amendment will be notified at the point of entry for the Promotion.
- The Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Promoter: Halfords Limited, Icknield Street Drive, Washford West, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0DE (Company number 103161).