Some of us use a bucket and sponge, some of us a pressure washer, and some of us might even entrust others in the task of getting our four wheels gleaming again.
For those of us that love nothing more than spending some quality time and a large dose of TLC with our cars, you can’t go far wrong with taking some advice from the pros at Autoglym. This isn’t just about a hose down; whether it’s polishing, waxing or washing, consider it done with these top tips.
- Step 1: once you’ve given it a good wash and removed the soapy water, it’s easier to notice any scratches, swirls, or any other stubborn contaminants. Use a clay bar to remove everything off the surface and restore smoothness to the paint.
- Step 2: to remove some of the deeper scratches, use Autoglym’s complete Scratch Removal Kit. The specially formulated Scratch Remover compound removes scratches and then polishes the area to a high gloss finish. To restore gloss on the whole car use Super Resin Polish.
- Step 3: wax on, wax off! Don’t let all your hard work go to waste. Adding a layer of wax to your car will help to fend off any nasties that could land on the paint, whilst protecting your car from UV rays.
- Step 4: now you’ve washed, cleaned, and protected your car, it’s wise to keep a detailing spray handy for a quick fix to get rid of light dirt and fingerprints. Autoglym’s Rapid Detailer will do the trick!
- Step 1: start with a quick vacuum of the seats, dash and back shelf. If it’s tricky for you to get those hard to reach places, you’re likely to find a vacuum with a longer hose at your local petrol station.
- Step 2: now it’s time to get to work with Autoglym’s spray and wipe Interior Shampoo. Use on seats, interior plastic, steering wheels, gear sticks, carpets, mats, headlining and doors to removes marks, spills and stains from all interior surfaces. The low foam formula is easy to use and wipe away.
- Step 3: they’re not much use if you can’t see out of them! Get your windows gleaming with Autoglym’s Car Glass Polish; use inside and out for crystal clear, smear free vision.
- Step 4: last but not least remember to use protection! Apply Autoglym’s Vinyl And Rubber Care solution to the interior by lightly buffing to a finish with a microfibre cloth.
Now stand back and admire the results and maybe even snap a picture or two to share with us on Instagram using #ReadyFor. We love nothing more than a good old nosey!