Meguiar’s are back for the second part of their Fifty Shades Redder series. In the first part, they showed us how to restore our paint finish. Now, it’s time to protect that fresh finish! Read the blog post below to find out how.
If you missed the first part of the series, click here to get up to speed!
Part 1 of this Meguiar’s car care guide covered the reviving of old and tired paint. With that done, it’s time to add some longevity to your new finish. Ultimate Polish feeds the paint with essential oils needed to maintain a shiny and long-lasting finish. This can be applied by hand with the Meguiar’s Soft Foam Applicator Pad or by machine with the Meguiar’s MT320 Dual Action Polisher. Ultimate Polish should be applied and removed one panel at a time without letting it dry.
Once you’ve fed the paint with Ultimate Polish, it’s time to seal the polish in. The last stage in paint restoration is to protect your new finish. Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax is applied and allowed to cure before removing with a clean microfibre towel, revealing a super-glossy finish. Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax is very rich, so a pound coin amount will cover an average bonnet.
Now that the paint is restored, fed and protected, it’s time to take a look at the rest of the car! In the final part of our series, Meguiar’s will show us how to get the plastics, interior and tyres looking like new.
Head over to our site to take a look at our range of Meguiar’s products and get started!
- Digital torque management electronically adjusts torque to maintain speed.
- New billet counter weight ensures precision and balance.
- The dual action orbit and rotation mean that you never have to worry about damaging paint.
- Enables users to get professional results at home.
5” Soft Buff Foam Polishing Disc
- Improved foam technology eliminates minor surface defects, whilst restoring gloss.
- The perfect pad for the application of polishes.
5” Soft Buff Foam Finishing Disc
- Improved foam technology eliminates minor surface defects whilst restoring a luxurious high gloss finish.
- The perfect pad for wax application.
- Our most advanced pure synthetic hydrophobic wax.
- New Thin Film technology makes application the easiest, even in full sun.
- Microfibre and applicator pad included.
- The easiest and fastest way to remove polishes, waxes and spray detailers.
- The ultimate wipe off towel for producing show car perfect results on paint, glass, plastic and chrome.
The information contained in this blog has been produced by Meguiar’s UK ltd. and is for general information purposes only. Halfords makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this blog. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the information contained in this blog. Any queries should be forwarded to Meguiar’s UK ltd. directly.