Summer will hopefully be heating up soon, and with the school holidays rapidly approaching you might have some pretty long car journeys lined up. Whether you’re going on a big road trip or just to the shops and back, it’s important to keep an eye on your car’s health. That’s where we come in! We’ll check 6 of your car’s common car problem areas – as well as making sure that your air con is keeping things cool – all for free!
Want to make sure your car’s checked and ready? Just pop into your local Halfords store and ask! It doesn’t cost anything, and means you can enjoy a bit more peace of mind when you’re out on your adventures this summer.
What’s in the Halfords Free Summer Car Check?
When you come in for a summer check, this is what we’ll look at:
- The battery – Battery problems are one of the main reasons people call a breakdown service. Even if it’s not winter, you can wake up in the morning and find that your car won’t start! We’ll check it out and make sure it’s still working properly.
- The bulbs – The days might be longer, but you still need to keep an eye on your bulbs! Brake lights, reversing lights and indicators are still really important for safety during the day, not to mention all the lights you need at night!
- Windscreen wipers – Nobody wants to think about these during summer, but you’re probably going to need them at some point! We can make sure that if the weather gets a bit too British, you’ll be able to see where you’re going, and you can clear your screen if it gets dirty.
- Oil levels – Your car needs oil, and the right amount of it! We’ll take a look at your oil levels and let you know what we find. If you need more, buy your oil from us and we’ll top it up for free!
- Screen wash – When it (hopefully) hasn’t rained for a while, you can end up with a lot of dust and muck on your windscreen, and find yourself getting through a lot of screen wash. We’ll look at how much is left, and top it up for free if you need more, to keep you in the clear!
- Air conditioning – Your air conditioning will lose refrigerant over time, meaning it’ll eventually stop blowing out as cold as it used to. As part of our check, we’ll take a look at your air conditioning, and let you know if it needs to be recharged.
If you’d like to take advantage of a free summer car check, just pop down to your nearest Halfords store and ask – there’s no need to book!
Want to stock up on all your motoring essentials? Head over to our site!