Whether you’re a camping nut already (or aren’t quite sure you can live without your home comforts for a week) we’ve put together some reasons why camping is fantastic for getting you outdoors!
1. It’s cheap and easy!
Let’s face it – a lot of us like a bargain. While you might associate camping with people in space-age fabrics struggling to put up an impossible tent in a howling gale, it’s actually a really cheap and easy way to spend a weekend (or longer!).
Once you have all your camping equipment, you’re ready to book a pitch at a moment’s notice and head off on a little getaway. Booking a pitch is normally much cheaper than a hotel – as you’ve probably guessed! You can head off on your hols without having to worry about flights, baggage restrictions or hotel transfers.
2. The great outdoors
This is probably one of the biggest clichés when it comes to camping – but that’s also because it’s one of the biggest reasons to do it! You can enjoy a bit of peace and quiet away from civilisation (or at a comfortable distance, if you’re not quite as adventurous). Camping is also a great chance to put down the technology, chill out for a while and really get up close with nature – you know, fields and stuff!
3. Connect with your friends and family
We hope that you’re already pretty familiar and friendly with your family and friends to begin with, but going out camping and spending some time together away from distractions is a great way to enjoy one another’s company. That might mean getting active by going out on hikes, or just sitting around the campfire for a natter – it’s up to you!
4. Camping food
If you like, you can gather round the stove and enjoy a tin of beans, but why not make the most of some outdoor eating by cooking up your favourite campfire treats? Whether you’re baking potatoes or toasting marshmallows, it’s always a laugh trying to cook without an oven, and getting heckled by family or friends tends to make matters worse! Everything tastes better outdoors anyway, so a burnt sausage or burger suddenly becomes a feast fit for a king.
5. It’s good for your health!
No, really – camping is great for your physical and mental well-being. Of course, camping holidays normally give you a lot more exercise than sitting at your desk or in front of the TV, but there are plenty of other benefits:
- Sleep – Because most of the lighting when you’re camping is natural, you end up going to sleep when the sun goes down and waking up when it comes up. That helps reset your sleep cycle and leaves you feeling more rested.
- Happiness! – The extra oxygen, sunlight and exercise make your brain produce serotonin, a chemical which makes you feel happier.
- Less stress – As well as feeling happier, being outside can help you to be less stressed, which has a huge number of health benefits in itself! If the idea of struggling to put up a tent with your loved ones has your blood pressure on the rise, worry not! Modern pop-up tents or air tents go up and down in seconds, leaving you free to chill out and enjoy your holiday.
So, fancy heading out into the great outdoors and getting away from it all? Take a peek at our range of tents, camping equipment, and air beds. We’ve got everything you need for camping holiday success!